Thursday, January 9, 2014

the fireman

The Fireman and i have been dating for a couple of months now so it's only fitting to actually introduce him.

For starters, he's a certified firefighter (obviously) working his way to fight wildland fires.

We met at a ward bonfire at the beginning of Fall semester, he asked if i wanted to light some sparklers with him, and that was that. Actually, we didn't see each other for a few weeks. Until one fine Sunday he and his roommate sat next to me at church. The Fireman complimented me by telling me how cute i looked and proceeded to invite me to attend the dating Sunday School class. He then officially asked me on a date and that was (kind of) that. 

We went on some dates (both spontaneous and planned), decided we really like each other, and things got exclusive. 

Pretty much just very exciting. 

Things since have been fab and The Fireman is grand. We even love each other (crazy, right?). We have tons of fun, even if it's just a chill night watching a movie. Once we turned on The Emperor's New Groove to see if we could quote the whole movie. He opens doors for me, he plays guitar, he embraces and brings out the silly in me, he loves kids, he's opinionated like crazy, he loves tasteybevs, we sometimes speak small phrases in French (with the trusty help of Google Translate), he loves trains, he tells me i'm beautiful all the time, he hugs me tight... all good things, all good things.

He visited home over Christmas break and got to meet the fam. They were welcoming and grand (as always) and it was simply lovely getting to spend my vacation with all those people i love. We spent some time with his fam when we got back to Utah and, again, it was simply lovely.

Life for us is now zooming ahead what with the start of a new semester and everything. Our schedules are hectic and bizarre sometimes but he embraces it with me. 

i can't predict everything in the future but things are looking bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment